Thursday, May 16, 2013

{Recipe} Lia's Favorite Crock Pot Meatballs

Looking for a quick fix for a get-together, or to use in an easy meal?  Throw together a batch of these bad boys in under 5 minutes.

I'm addicted to my crock pot!  If memory serves me (this is questionable most days), I fed my family almost nothing but crock pot meals for at least 3 months after baby #3 was born.  

It continues to be a huge help, now that we're cheering on my 8th grade track super-star lots of evenings til after dinner time. Tonight is Lia's last meet of regular season, and this is her most favorite meatball recipe, so of course I have to share!



(this girl flies, people!)

Lia's Favorite Crock Pot Meatballs
Ingredients
1 Cup Apple Jelly
1 Cup Grape Jelly
1 8oz can Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Ketchup 
a few dashes of hot sauce (if you're wild, like we are)
1 bag of pre-cooked, frozen Meatballs  (or you could use homemade and let them simmer briefly with the sauce, if you prefer)

Directions
1. On the stovetop, combine the apple and grape jellies, and heat until melting, stirring constantly. 






2. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup and hot sauce.  



 






3.  Simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly.  All the ingredients will blend and begin to very slightly thicken, and then you can remove from heat.





4.  Place meatballs in the crock pot. 





5.  Pour sauce over meatballs and stir to coat.  Cook on low until heated through.  You can also simmer the meatballs on the stovetop according to package directions, if you prefer.  



I serve with egg noodles and a steamed veggie to make a meal.  You can also take these guys to a potluck as an appetizer, where they'll be super-popular.  

Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe to share with us?  Post it on the Facebook page or in the comments below, so I can try it out!  

Would you like me to share more crock pot recipes here?  Let me know on Facebook or in the comments!   It's fun for me to know what you're interested in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment